You decide to host dinner for a Sagittarian date. What better way to get to a person’s heart than through his/her stomach, right? You check if everything’s set:
Dim Lights/Candles – CHECK!
Romantic Music – CHECK!
Appetizer – CHECK!
Main Entrée – CHECK!
Deserts – CHECK!
Red Wine/Champagne – CHECK!
Well, Sagittarians are known to lean on the fun side. Don’t get me wrong, everyone enjoys a romantic dinner at home … once in a while. This might be fun to do if it’s the first time and you’re trying to get to know each other but after 2 or 3 times you might want to add a little spice to it (not sex, dear, cause that comes after everything else … or not). So for once, why don’t you drop the wine and give it a little twist. Of course you don’t have to wait for a romantic dinner. You could be throwing a private party for a Sagittarian or just wanted to share a quick drink but just work with me here, okay?
Here we have a few cocktail drinks that a Sagittarian might enjoy:
1) CAIPIRINHA – also known as the national cocktail of Brazil and used to be the country’s best kept secret. USED TO BE because it’s now a favorite in Europe and US. Here’s a simple way to make one at home:
Ingredients: 2 ounces Cachaca, some Sugar, 1 Lime, Ice Cubes
Preparation: Mash up the the limes with sugar (just enough to get the juices out), mix the juice with Cachaca, stir, add ice and stir again.
*Cachaca is a type of sugarcane wine. But if you can’t find one on your local store, vodka would do.
2) COCONUT BATIDA – Not the one you buy on bottles. Batida is a mixture of Cachaca and fresh fruit juice. You can use most tropical fruits for this but coconut cream or milk can be commonly found on supermarkets AND has an exotic twist on it.
Ingredients: 50ml Coconut Milk, 25ml Cachaca, some Nestle or Table Cream and some ice cubes.
Preparation: Just blend everything together and you’re good to go.
3) FISH HOUSE PUNCH – This is a rum based cocktail that does not have any fish in it. The punch was named after a gentleman’s society in Pennsylvania called The Fish House.
Ingredients: fresh lemon juice, powdered sugar or syrup to taste, brandy, peach brandy, light rum club soda, ice mold and citrus slices to garnish
Preparation: Chill all of these ingredients before mixing. Put the lemon juice in the punch bowl (add some syrup or sugar to taste). Mix the brandy and rum (tea can also be added for a stronger taste). Add the club soda last and then some ice mold fruit slices (like you would a usual punch).
4) CHOCOTINI – Nothing like classic chocolate to seduce your partner. This time with a twist of liquor.
Ingredients: Vodka, White Cream De Cacao, Coffe Liqueur, some Triple Sec and cherry to garnish
Preparation: Shake vodka, Cream De Cacao and Triple Sec, put it on a chilled martini glass then add the coffee liqueur which will settle to the bottom.
5) GOLGAPPA MARGARITA –
Ingredients: Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Pani Puri Masala, Crushed Mint, Lime Juice, Ice Cubes
Preparation: Pour tequila and pani puri masala along with crushed mint and limejuice in a shaker. Add ice to it and give it a long shake. Pour in a glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with lime and some green chili to give it a more exotic look!
6) FLIRTINI – This is a drink that would suit the younger Sagittarians. Specially cause it’s hip and was made famous by the series Sex In The City.
Ingredients: Raspberry Vodka, Champagne, Pineapple juice and Cranberry juice (optional).
Preparation: Combine all the ingredients in a tall glass and garnish it with citrus fruits.
7) STRAWBERRY BASIL CAIPIRINHA – Basil on your drink? Why not! Here’s another cachaca based cocktail with a hint of basil. On the rocks!
Ingredients: Cachaca, Strawberries and Limes cut in quarters, small/torn basil leaves
Preparation: Mash all the ingredients together. Pour it into a cocktail tumbler with ice, add sugar, mix and pour into a rock glass. Garnish it with strawberry and basil for a more fun look.
8) CITRUS-GINGER COOLER – To sum it up … ginger = exotic + tangy.
Ingredients: Orange, Lime and Lemon slices, Spring water, Ginger water, Orange Vodka and/or Citrus Vodka and syrup to sweeten.
Preparation: Mash up the orange, lime and lemon slices together. Add ice, ginger water, spring water, vodka and syrup. Shake well and pour in a tall glass. Garnish with candied ginger.
9) PEAR AND SPARKLING CIDER COCKTAILS – TIP: The bourbon usually overpowers the taste of the pear nectar so make sure you use one that you like.
Ingredients: chilled pear nectar, chilled sparkling apple cider, chilled seltzer, bourbon whiskey, and pears (unpeeled, cored and cut into wedges) for garnish
Preparation: Stir everything together and pour on a cocktail glass. Use one pear wedge per glass for garnish.
10) LONG ISLAND ICED TEA – Pretty common but the mix of tangy taste sure is appealing for the Archer. MUST: Use all white liquors.
Ingredients: Vodka, Tequila, rum, gin, triple sec, sweet and sour mix, Coca Cola, lemon to garnish.
Preparation: Pour all alcoholic ingredients into a pre-iced shaker. Pour into a tall glass with ice and add some Coca Cola.
Bear in mind a Sagittarian has a passion for exotic things including food and beverages. They’ll try anything once (or twice if it involves alcohol) so the more exotic and unique the drink is, the more appealing it will be for them.